Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Weather hates my NYC trips

I took a trip in to New York City on Monday for an internship interview and figured I'd stay a while to take some pictures. While there, I asked a friend to see if she wanted to go grab a bite to eat. Turns out our scheduled matched and I made the trek down to the Bowling Green. After lunch, I said my good bye and took off to take pictures.

Here are the pictures:

Went to the American Indian Museum to look around first.

Knife from a Native American:


This is a bag handle adorned with beads. I remember working with beads at summer cams and I can not imagine doing things like that.


Another bag with different design.


This is a painting they had there. I found it interesting with the American flag at the time having only a couple of stars.


Small example of what ladies looked like on horseback


Another Bag


Some violent pictures on animal skins




A little head dress for horses going to battle


While I was down at the southern most tip of NYC I decided to head over to Battery Park. Took a few pictures not too many as it was rainy and well, my camera isn't water proof.

Random light post, just found it interesting


The Statue of Liberty - Pigeon's biggest toilet


Number 4 dock


The statue of Liberty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Alberto!
You're so talented! I love NYC, it's a very special place!

All my best,
Mieke

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of NYC!
I adore that city :) was there last year and I loved it!